Mode:Green is hiring for two positions, based out of New York; our main office is in 315 W 36TH St, New York, NY. Positions may require travel to on-site jobs out of the area.
Field Tech Requirements:
- Good working knowledge of AV Installation practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently in the field and in the shop.
- Proven Experience in diagnosing and debuging unfamiliar system problems.
- Familiarity with using signal generator, scopes and analyzers. Cable pulling, rack building, signal termination, system calibration, system testing and final commissioning experience required.
- Digital Control System, DSP an IP-enabled device integration experience required.
- Digital Integration experience a must (Control4, Crestron, etc.).
- Knowledge of Videoconferencing systems required (examples: Polycom, Cisco, Lifesize and Vidyo).
- Ability to read CAD/blueprints.
- Computer literate (MS Office/Excel).
- Infocomm Certifications-( CTS/CTS-I/CTS-D).
- Other Industry Certifications that apply
Senior Project Manager:
Mode:Green is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager for audio-visual and technical controls. The role of the SPM is to oversee project quality control throughout its life cycle, working closely with stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and on budget. A successful candidate will demonstrate ability to manage the planning, execution, and completion of projects according to deadlines given by clients.
- Title: Senior Project Manager
- Reports To: Operations
- Location: New York City-based position with 25% travel (regularly scheduled site visits and occasional international travel required on as-needed basis)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage projects from activation to closeout; plan and schedule timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools; perform site survey and document all required information; coordinate install dates and first use expectations with client; keep all schedules up to date to reflect current conditions.
- Confirm scope of work, system diagram, client contact, site address, preliminary site details, contruction plans, etc.; proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans; review technical scope and request any necessary clarification from appropriate party.
- Effectively communicate clear project expectations to all team members; assign tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel; lead weekly or bi-weekly project turnover meetings to provide team and management with status updates.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all equipment is ordered in the correct timeframe to support the project schedule; maintain awareness of any backordered products that could jeopardize the project’s deadline.
- Coordinate and/or confirm infrastructure requirements are met (blacking, electrical, cable paths, etc.); perform a “System Commission” on all completed projects to verify and ensure that all equipment has been installed, tested, and is in good working order; complete and submit appropriate documentation to support this task completion.
- Contribute feedback and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems in an efficient and professional manner; complete audits; identify trends; determine system improvements; implement process changes as-needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational/professional development opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have experience developing budgets, tracking expenses, supervising a team of 5+ employees, and developing, implementing, and improving processes.
- Expert competency reading and disseminating drawings; expert knowledge of control system operation and development, and audio and video components; experience calculating lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, design/build, and equipment installation contracts; knowledge of and adherence to MG policies and procedures.
- 7+ years of documented experience in AV or Controls field.
- Proven experience managing large-scale construction projects along with the ability to effectively present information and response to questions from groups of managers, clients, and employees.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and positive driver’s abstract required; valid U.S. Passport desired.
- Desired candidate must be willing to complete background checks and drug screenings as required by current or future projects; must be willing to apply for security clearances, suitability, and other related clearances as required by clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management field.
- InfoComm CTS and PMP certification required; DMC-D
To apply to either position, please submit your resume to Dolores Baumann (dbaumann at modegreen.com).